The four best YouTube music downloader apps
We’ve all been there. That situation where you like a song on YouTube, but want to download it. Quite frustrating, you can’t even listen to the song in the background. You must be on the YouTube app to stream it.
What if we told you that there are ways to download the songs to your phone? Yes, as limited as they are, you can find a few apps that let you download YouTube music for free.
However, you should note that it would be copyright infringement if you download the music without notifying the channel owner. You don’t want to be in trouble with the authorities, do you?
How to play YouTube music in the background?
This has been an issue that has troubled many Android phone users. Whatever you do, you can’t find a way to play YouTube music when you are on another app or page.
Well, we’re happy to say that there is a way around this. You can bypass it by playing music in Picture-in-Picture mode.
Picture-in-picture mode opens up a minute screen of the music you stream to YouTube even when browsing other apps.
It allows you to listen to music or other YouTube content even with the screen turned off. There is a catch; however, it can only work with the premium version of YouTube. You have to pay for it.
If you stream music to your PC on the Chrome browser, you can add an extension that lets you view your music in picture-to-picture mode. You don’t have to pay for it.
What are some of the apps that you can download YouTube music with?
Few apps allow you to download MP3 or MP4 music directly from YouTube to MP4 to your phone. You will find that most of these apps are not in the Google Play Store.
Let’s discuss it at length.
Snaptube is quite a popular option if you are looking to download Mp3, Mp4, and music videos from YouTube.
All you need to do is search from the video you want and then hit the download arrow. You can then choose between Mp4, Mp3 or video format before downloading.
- It’s very fast and convenient
- You can download music and listen to it later without internet connection
- You can choose the download format you want
- You can download files of varying quality
- The ability to download music based on quality saves space on your phone
- You can decide to download Mp3, Mp4 or Video
- You can search for other music on the internet, not just YouTube
VidMate is an HD mp3 video downloader that allows you to download music from a wide range of platforms including Facebook and Twitter. However, you should keep in mind that this will only work with Android versions above 4.0.
All you need to do is copy the link of the video you want to download and then paste it into the search bar and then download it. You can also choose where to store it and the quality with which you want to save it.
- Easy to use interface
- You can download MP3 music for offline listening
- You can download music and other videos from any other platform including Twitter
- You can browse and search your favorite videos and artists
- Allows you to choose the quality with which you want to save the music
- It has an easy to use interface that doesn’t need a lot of use.
- Very convenient
- You can choose to opt for Mp4, Mp3 converter or video files
- Unless you download from official sites, you will illegally access music
For obvious reasons, you won’t find it on the Google Play Store. However, this is another convenient way to download music from YouTube.
To download, you need to go to YouTube, find the video you want, then share it through the App and then select Save Mp3.
- YouTube video mp3 converter
- Can also work as a download from Soundcloud
- Has additional editing options
- Music is stored in the Peggo folder of your music directory
- It is quite easy to use
- You can easily access your downloaded music in the music directory
- It has additional editing options such as remove silence
YouMp4 is another app that lets you download music from YouTube for free. It is quite easy to use and follows the simple steps below to download music.
- Copy the link of the video you want to convert to Mp3 from YouTube
- Paste it in the search bar of the application then download it
- You can get your music in just three steps
- The app creates a folder for storing all downloaded music
- Easy to use
Important point to remember
- Downloading music online from an unofficial site violates music copyright and may get you in trouble. Make sure to download only from official sites.
- You won’t find most of these apps in the Google Play Store because they are unethical. They are, however, a great way to download music.
We hope the four YouTube Downloader music downloader apps help you access your favorite music. Don’t do it illegally.