How to Make a Playlist Private on Apple Music App
It can be fun to share your music tastes with your friends, family, and even other music enthusiasts, but sometimes you don’t want everyone to know what you’ve been listening to lately. If so, making a playlist private can help.
The process is straightforward on Apple Music, but be aware that it will vary depending on the device you’re using. Here’s how to make Apple Music playlist private on your computer or iOS and Android mobile devices.
Discover the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (from $ 699.99 at Apple)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (from $ 699.99 at Walmart)
Apple Macbook Pro (from $ 1,299.00 at Apple)
Acer Chromebook 15 (from $ 358.99 at Staples)
How to Make Apple Music Playlist Private on Computer
1. Launch your desktop Apple Music app.
2. Select your playlist from the left sidebar
3. Uncheck the “Publish on profile and in search” box.
How to make an Apple Music playlist private on your mobile device
1. Open the Apple Music app.
2. Tap the “Library” tab.
3. Select “Playlists”.
4. Tap the playlist you want to make private.
5. Select “Edit” in the upper right corner of the screen
6. Disable the option “Show on my profile and in search”.